19 Mayıs 2016 Perşembe

Moleskine Art Plus Watercolor Album Sketchbooks

I want to write something about Moleskine Art Plus Watercolor Album product for a long time. It's not a complete review, just my personal thoughts about that books. I started to use these sketchbooks since the beginning of the 2016. Among the alternatives, this one became my favourite. For sure, if we are talking about sketchbooks, 100% satisfaction is not possible, this rule also valid for these sketchbooks, but after the Aniki notebooks, this sketchbooks are my favourite ones.

Watercolor Album sketchbooks available in four sizes. They are pocket, large, A4 and A3 sizes. Unforunatelly, all versions are spread horizontally. There are lots of sketcher on the internet that demand vertical format of these books from the producer but producer not listening us carefully. 

Inner pages of the book are 200 gsm, cold pressed and grained papers allows beautiful granulation. Book have 9 booklets and each booklet have 4 sheet (totally 36 sheets). Both side of the paper is nearly identical and both side is proper for mixed media. Especially inside, i use both side and in outside sketches used just one side. The reason behind using just one side is, i want to frame some of urban sketches, so that used just one side.

Thus far, we talked about general features, now we will talk about my personal reviews. 

For me the most important feature of this books is they can lie flat when spread out. Except these books, i never met any sketchbook opens as flat as Moleskine, include my homemade sketchbooks. Another importanat issue about these books is, even my harsh skething conditions, this books never broke up and stood in one piece. For presenting you objective reviews, i use sketchbooks in very hard conditions, there are lots of books that couldn't deal with these conditions but these books are number one for me. When you have a this much flat book, you can draw panoramic views easily.


As well as these books have very good sides, also have some bad sides. They handle all type of wet media but when using watercolor, nearly shades can confuse and look like they have same colour. Another critical point is, i think because of paper color is creamy,brown shades can conclude with a disaster in beginning.



As i mentioned before, i used two version of these books.Large version is perfect for field works. As can be seen in the photo, you can attach water bottle and palette to left and paint your image comfortably. Before this book, with having only two hand, where do i put the palette, how do i carry the bottle or how do i take brush problems do not allow me to sketch but with these books none of them is problem for me. Large version changed my way of sketching and allow me to draw highly detailed, large panoramic views. You can fit whole square to your pages. Pocket version has a great size, it is 9x14 cm, little smaller than A6 size, because of that fit in my pocket and allows me to draw everywhere.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder